Switch your focus from what you can't eat to what you CAN eat. Success lies here!
Elimination diets are hard. Mostly because you've decided to remove food from your diet that you love and that you're eating almost daily.
It can feel like an impossible task. However, I assure you it's not.
My first elimination diet was 20 years ago. I was given a list, though it felt more like a booklet, on all the foods I needed to remove from my diet. I had no resources, didn't know how to cook and felt ill-prepared to get the job done.
But I was motivated. My health was the pits and I was tired of being sick and tired. It took some time, but I eventually started to feel better and became even more motivated to move forward. Because once you start to experience health, you never want to feel unwell again.
Fast track to present day. I have done a multitude of elimination diets for a variety of reasons, both for myself and for both my children. What I understand today about elimination diets is that it's not an ending but a beginning to feeling better and living brighter. As challenging and uprooting as they can be, they have played a crucial role in the health of my family.
Because of elimination diets, I have learned how versatile food can be, how deeply it can effect us and how much it can heal us. I have also learned that there is always an abundance of food we CAN eat.
It's all about getting creative with what you CAN eat. Food and recipes have come along way, trust me on this one! I focus on what people love to eat and how to re-create favourites, simply while introducing new, nourishing and delicious food.
Common foods asked to eliminate include:
- histamine producing foods
- just to name a few...
There are a variety of ways to be supported through an elimination diet:
- Given guidance and support on what to eat as well as five alternative recipes to your favourite meals: 1 hour. Session done over skype or FaceTime.
- Private cooking class in your home: 4 meals, 2 hours minimum.
- Grocery store educational tours at your favourite grocery store learning how to read labels on products, how to shop healthily and where to find healthy alternatives: 1 hour plus travel time.
- Cleaning out your pantry: 1 hour. Session done over skype or FaceTime.
With Amanda's support, you will come up with a plan to best support your needs and the needs of your family through the elimination process so you can rise above and work towards healing.