I am constantly trying to figure out how to get more nutrients into my kids diet. As they grow up, their personal taste buds evolve, requiring me to keep up and reinvent the wheel (well not really though it feels that way!).
For the most part, my kids eat really well. But for m,e my focus is about supporting their developing immune system. With kids, they have an immature immune system until they're 6 years old. This simply means that we can help to build a strong immune system by feeding them a diverse diet rich in whole foods...
Diverse? Anyone else reading this have a child who likes what they like and forget the rest? Even though my kids eat well, they still have strong opinions. This can sometimes require serious creativity. And by serious... I mean simple. And just because they have strong opinions it doesn't mean I'm gonna give up (yup, that's called determined).
That's where this Super Hero Juice comes in. What started simply as mango juice, morphed into Super Hero Juice. Because I just wasn't satisfied with mangoes... the juice needed more.
In truth, with my kids I call this juice either Hulk Juice or Tinker Bell Juice. I also have a lot of fun with it too. With Hulk juice I'll say things like "do you feel your muscles tingling? That means they're growing and you're getting stronger." With Tinker Bell juice I say things like "Do you feel your toes and legs tingling? That means you could be creating fairy dust. This will help you to jump higher than ever before."
They eat this right up (the juice and my words!) because we all need more magic in our lives. So why not, right?
Here's what you need to know about this fresh water plant:
- micro algae is considered a nutrient dense super food.
- it supports the growth and development of a healthy immune system.
- supports the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, making it a prebiotic.
- it is a digestible and bioavailable complete protein.
- Rich in vitamins B, C, D, E, iron, selenium
- Rich source of trace minerals
- abundant in chlorophyll; life giving plant blood.
- Boosts energy
- Gently detoxifies
Spirulina's cousin is Chlorella, which has a much stronger smell and flavor. For this reason, I choose Spirulina as it's easy to hide and have your kids actually consume it (big kids too).
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp spirulina
- In a high speed blender, blend together mango and water until smooth. Add spirulina and blend for just a few more seconds or until drink is evenly green.
- Pour into your child's favourite cup or mug with a stainless steel straw.
Don't forget to add magic!
*DISCLAIMER: THIS POST HAS AN AFFILIATE LINK WITH HARMONIC ARTS, BUT AS ALWAYS THE THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND A BRAND I DO NOT STAND BEHIND AND ONLY SHARE THOSE I HOPE YOU TOO WILL ENJOY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND BEING A PART OF MORE LIFE'S GROWTH AND COMMUNITY.