I love when testing a recipe it becomes an instant favourite. This granola is one of those recipes. No word of a lie, the entire batch was eaten in less than 24 hours. By everyone. Including children. Can I get a "hell ya!"
I literally had to hide the granola from everyone so I would have some left to get a picture. That my friends is a testimonial to it's yumminess.
I think what my kids (and husband) liked so much about this granola is that it borderlines candy: it's sweet, savory and really crunchy. This granola is perfect in yogurt (coconut yogurt for those living dairy free), in nut mylk (try these recipes, here and here) or just on it's own.
This will be a perfect school snack as there's no nuts, all seeds. It's also grain free as buckwheat is actually a seed, though it's often confused with a grain. Pretty cool, right?
This recipe makes one baking sheet worth. Did I measure how many cups? No. There just wasn't enough time from all the fingers grabbing handfuls.
- 1 cup raw buckwheat
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp true cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together buckwheat, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. Add sea salt and cinnamon. Mix again.
- Add maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil and vanilla and mix again, making sure all the seeds are covered.
- Pour mix on to a baking sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes, mix occasionally, every 15 minutes or so.
- Let cool completely allowing maple syrup to harden.
- Break into small pieces or leave in chunks depending on your preference. Store in an airtight contain for up to two weeks in the fridge.
*DISCLAIMER: THIS POST HAS AN AFFILIATE LINK WITH HARMONIC ARTS, BUT AS ALWAYS THE THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND A BRAND I DO NOT STAND BEHIND AND ONLY SHARE THOSE I HOPE YOU TOO WILL ENJOY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND BEING A PART OF MORE LIFE'S GROWTH AND COMMUNITY.