I drink lattes every day... not the ones you buy from cafes but the ones I create in my Vitamix. And when I say I drink them everyday, I mean, every. single. day. I even wrote a book about them...
So one might say, I'm kinda passionate about these babies.
My all time favourite blender latte is my matcha. I look forward to drinking my matcha everyday, even on days that are hot. Not only does it nourish me, but it's now become nostalgic and old and trusted friend (yes, matcha is my friend).
Lately I have been working on balancing my hormones and so started to add some maca to the mix. Oh this has been SO helpful as I've noticed some gentle shifts happen over the last few months of consuming it. It didn't really change the flavour of my latte too much, but slightly added a hint of vanilla.
I recently became an ambassador of Organika and then collagen entered my life... have you heard of this next super food?
Well, let me tell you that it is incredible, for a number of reason:
- helps with the growth and strength of hair and nails
- increases elasticity in the skin which can reduce fine lines and give an all around glow (who doesn't want glow?!).
- can help repair intestinal lining
- supports joint health
- can help support bone health
- flavourless and mixes into liquids easily
- is rich in amino acids and high in protein
There are some really good sources of collagen on the market. However, when buying, make sure to buy one that is from cows that are grass-fed with no antibiotics or added hormones. As this is not a vegan sourced super food, make sure to chose your collagen from happy cows.
I have been adding collagen to my latte for over a week now and have noticed one big difference so far. I find that because one tablespoon is so rich in protein, I am satiated for a long time. It's helped to keep my energy up while leaving my full and balanced.
Ok, on to this super charged, beautifying latte!
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 heaping tbsp nut/seed butter of your choice
- 1 tbsp Enhanced Collagen from Organika
- 1 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1/2 tsp Maca Powder
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- In a high powered blender like a Vitamix, add all ingredients. Blend on high for 1 minute until latte is smooth and creamy. Drink and enjoy.
Note: although an ambassador of Organika, my opinions are my own and there is no monetary gain from this post, but rather to share information and really amazing products.
However, there are affiliate links attached to this page and by buying through More Life you help to support this community. We appreciate all your support.