I just started my cooking club program and so I've been knee deep in creating recipes. One of the recipes we made during our breakfast class was a spin on these protein cookies. It was a popular and all were devoured.
This recipe can be adapted a few different ways. This one I share with you today is the school friendly version that my kids literally jumped up and down for. In fact my daughter said "MOM! Can you make these everyday?!" When you get comments like this, I just need to share the recipes with you.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 farm fresh egg
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia and 4 tbsp of water, whisked together)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp true cinnamon
- 2.5 cups gluten free rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare chia egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together maple syrup and coconut oil until creamy. Add egg, chia egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combine.
- Mix in sunflower seed butter. Then sea salt and cinnamon. Finally add in the oats. Mix until oats are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the batter making rows of 5 across. This recipe makes approximately 32-36 cookies.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
These cookies are perfect for breakfast, as a snack or even dessert. Gotta love cookies that are so versatile!