Prepare yourself for a savory, moist and yummy gluten free wrap that's perfect for any meal.
I make these wraps in large batches and then freeze them for later. It's one of those sides that are great to have on hand when you need something on the fly. Not to mention they are packed with hidden nutrients from zucchini, turmeric and garlic. All anti-inflammatory goddesses.
One batch makes 4-5 wraps. I will triple the recipe when batch cooking so my freezer is full... my version of fast food.
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- In a large mixing bowl, add garbanzo bean flour, salt, oregano, garlic and turmeric. Mix together.
- Slowly add in water while whisking into the flour. You want to add water slowly to prevent clumping. Once all the water had been poured in, whisk well until batter is smooth. Add olive oil and whisk in again.
- Add grated zucchini and mix until evenly distributed in the batter.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, pour about 1/2 tsp of olive oil and wipe hot pan with a paper towel, making sure that the oil covers the pan.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of batter on to the pan and cook for a few minutes, until the top starts to bubble and edges appear cooked. Flip and cook for a few more minutes on the other side.
- Repeat wiping down the hot pan with oil before pouring the batter to prevent sticking.
To Freeze: Once wraps have cooled, place a square piece of parchment paper in between each wrap and put stack of wraps in a ziploc bag in the freezer.
Reheating: Heat a frying pan over medium heat and simply cook the wrap on the pan for a few minutes each side.
These wraps can be stuffed with so many delicious ingredients. My personal favourite is with hummus, cucumber and mixed greens. But really the options are endless!
What about you? What would you add to this delicious wrap? Share in the comments below.