This is one of those recipes that just happened and when I sat down to eat it, I just kept saying "this is SO good!' Everyone seemed to like it but I LOVED it. I think it has to do with the lemon... and dill... with a touch of mustard. I mean, how can you go wrong really?
Lemon is so beneficial, especially for people who suffer from poor digestion. When lemon is used to dress or marinade meat, it helps to break it down, making the protein and other nutrients more bio-available to the body. Lemon helps to take some of the strain off of your digestion, leaving you with less bloating and burping. This is ALWAYS a bonus!
- 5 chicken thighs, breasts or a mix.
- 4 small organic carrots, chopped (if you are using organic, there's no need to peel the skin)
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- juice of two lemons
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and put carrots and peppers around the chicken.
- Add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, mustard and sea salt into a blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds.
- Pour sauce out of the blender onto the chicken and veggies. Add remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over the chicken and veggies making sure to get spots that don't have the sauce.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. I basted the chicken and veggies after 25 minutes in the oven.
I served my chicken with pan fried potatoes, but I bet any veg would be amazing here. Next time I'll serve it with steamed kale or chard as the sauce will act as a dressing.