These little gems are the ideal snack for little and big people. They are packed with protein, fiber and help to sustain energy. They are perfect for packing in lunches at school and for taking on the go.
I've made these energy balls a lot but this was the first time I added the chaga powder. Chaga is a medicinal mushroom that is the most potent antioxidant on earth. It also supports digestion, is rich in vitamins and minerals and extremely beneficial in supporting the immune system. By adding the chaga powder there was do difference in taste, just a huge boost in nutrients.
This recipe was adapted from Nourishing Meals, which is equally delicious. These balls are great to make with little people because they are so simple to make. My daughter loves to roll the balls and make them as small as she possibly can.
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp true cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp chaga mushroom powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- In a food processor with the sharp blade, place pumpkin seeds and blend until finely ground. This will take a few minutes.
- Add cinnamon, sea salt, dates, oil, maple syrup and chaga powder. Process until mixture starts to clump together and sticks when rolled in hands.
- In a bowl place shredded coconut and roll each bowl until it's full covered.
- Eat and be hooked!