These tasty little treats are perfect for a quick breakfast or a healthy snack. What I love about these muffins is that all the sweetness comes from the fruit. There is no sugar added! That's right, no added sugar and they are delicious. The other great thing about these muffins is that there's very little clean up. Being a very busy mother of two I need quick and nourishing snacks... and stat! So I love these muffins and so does my little muffin.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 apples, cored
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix (I used Cuisine Soleil Organic All Purpose Mix)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tray or line with muffin cups
- Place bananas and apples in a high speed blender. Blend into liquid form.
- Place banana and apple mixture into a medium size bowl. Add oil, flour, oats, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in hemp hearts. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes. They are ready when a knife/toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from: www.bluebirdkisses.com