Two words: warming and nourishing.
A few more words: happy, yummy and down right delicious. Oh and did I mention super easy to make?!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb ground organic grass fed beef
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 2 15oz can of stewed tomatoes (or homemade canned which is what was used)
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 28oz can organic black beans
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- sliced avocado
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Once warm add onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add beef and cook until brown.
- Add sweet potatoes, canned tomatoes, broth, spices and garlic. Stir to combine ingredients. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, add black beans and cook for another 10 minutes on low.
- Season salt and pepper to taste.
- Laddle stew into bowls and add sliced avocado.